Welcome
Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

• MarinkaKSquic
    MarinkaKSquic  6 hours ago

Pemerintah Indonesia telah fokus pada pembangunan infrastruktur untuk mendukung pertumbuhan ekonomi. Proyek-proyek besar seperti pembangunan jalan tol, bandara, pelabuhan, dan kereta api terus ditingkatkan. Infrastruktur yang baik tidak hanya memperlancar distribusi barang dan jasa, tetapi juga menarik investasi asing ke dalam negeri..
    Home

copytrade bond paper 82cd7a7

• Maintenance
    Maintenance  1 day ago

dodge

• Shards
    Shards  4 months ago

Happy New Year!

• Edrick
    Edrick  4 months ago

Happy New Year all!

• EcoTec
    EcoTec  6 months ago

You the man thanks mate

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  6 months ago

There it is!

• Cuchuwyn
    Cuchuwyn  6 months ago

-Clickedy-

• EcoTec
    EcoTec  6 months ago

Anyone have the thain discord link, thankyou

• Payne
    Payne  6 months ago

Edrick... mad

• Edrick
    Edrick  6 months ago

Payne

Forums
The Island of Thain :: Forums :: In Character Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »   

You can run, You can hide, But in the end it will always catch you

1 2 
LAN_402 LAN_403
Glognar
8:04:21 pm GMT 01/18/06
Glognar Registered Member #267 Joined: 5:31:12 am GMT 09/21/04
Glognar sat in a quiet corner beside the black glass lake, trying to concentrate, almost meditating. But his mind did not let him rest. What had happened the last months was to worrying. The two major things the troubled him was that day when they had recaptured the hammer… he knew that he had to get it back to the halls but still he had stayed to fight back the force that was chasing them through the mines. Kimli and a few more had said that they would stay and fight back… they would make it back alive, he knew that, but still he could not leave them.

And now, just a few days ago… in the elven stronghold in Feywood... The way he had disrespected the druid... nothing could make up for that, how could the panther they thought were Eli, Miggens friend, get him to react with such force?

His feelings had started to grow more active… just as it did many years ago, when he lost the hammer, but it was still not the same, then he had just guilt feelings… what was this new feeling… a caring… almost loving feeling for his friends.

Kimli had helped him to clear his mind last time just before she left for her journey home, it had worked that time... being in a quiet place and clear the mind. He got the big perspective on his trouble and saw what he had to do.

As he sat there with closed eyes, concentrating harder and harder, he saw a light, his mind followed the calm and peaceful light.

Glognars face grimace, his heart is beating faster, and his big brows was pulled down towards his eyes which closes harder and harder. His face just shoutes pain.

In a flash; pictures and memories of a hidden past makes its voice heard.

Unpleasant pictures of a young dwarf. he is afraid, crying. He can’t move, he is stuck in something… a wooden frame. An adult dwarf is reading something from a sheet of paper… a crowd is shouting… the dwarf has finished reading… roll of drums can be heard… it gets completely silent.

The metal blade of the guillotine shrieked as it rushed down.

The now silent dwarfs head trundled on the cold stone floor. The blood slowly trickled out and coloured the otherwise grey floor red.

Tears are streaming from a childs eyes.

In a snap Glognars eyes are wide open, he is wet of perspiration and his vision starts to get cloudy and soon thereafter tears stats to trickle down his cheeks.
Glognar
1:47:07 am GMT 01/22/06
When he have calmed down he starts to make his way back to the halls. The way was not easy, he did not had the strength to fight the duergars that stood in his way nor the strength to run away from them, he had to endure the pain of the blows from the duergars. Luckily a patrol were not far away from him and saw what happened, they could not understand why the might Glognar who had returned the Hammer of songs two times were not fighting his worst enemy. In either case, the guards came to his rescue. Glognar were already lost in his memories, so he did not notice the guards, he just kept walking and walking till he reached the temple in hammersong. The guards and the commoners that saw him in the halls looked worried towards him. They had never seen him this sad… or what it was that bothered him. When he reached the temple he kneeled behind one of the benches and folded his hands. He closed his eyes to start to pray. But as soon as the closed them they were wide open again, and he started to cold sweat, his heart started to beat faster and harder so did his breathing. He sat for hours and hours trying to pray. But every time he closed his eyes the same thing happened, the vision he got when he closed his eyes was horrifying. When he finally gave up he went to his room and hoped that a night’s sleep would help. During that night and the following nights for a week screams and talking could be heard from his room. No! … He is gone… He will always be gone… I’m sorry, it wern’e me fault One day with bloodshot, tired eyes which had an empty look, a worn dwarf makes his way out from Hammersong, north... [ Edited 01:49:27 AM 01/22/06 ]
Kira
8:44:42 am GMT 01/22/06
Kira !
Registered Member #20 Joined: 8:30:40 am GMT 02/25/04
The massive doors to Hammersong creaked faintly as the guard pushed them open - Rania had not passed through those doors in many years, but the sights and sounds of the dwarven city remained familiar to her. Hammersong had not changed much. As she stepped through the gates, the doorman was suprised to see the shorter form of Glognar Heckle, a dwarf well-known for his service to Hammersong. The celestial was supporting the dwarf, as it seemed he could barely walk on his own. No wounds were visible, but Glognar's eyes were bloodshot and seemed not to see the world around him. Rania passed by too quickly for the guard to question this - it seemed she was in something of a hurry. Walking quickly through Hammersong's halls, Rania finally reached the temple. She spoke briefly to Pelden, a priest there, in order to ensure that Glognar would be safely cared for. With her business completed, she turned and walked from Hammersong, pausing only briefly to speak to a human messenger before taking her leave. [ 20_glognartotemple.jpg ]
Glognar
11:59:50 am GMT 02/19/06
The minutes became hours and the hours became days. Glognar felt little better sitting in the temple. After the second day had nearly ended he felt Peldens worried look, that much consciousness had he regained since Rania left him. He rose up and slowly walked towards his room. He heard faint whispers from the commoners. It would just be a matter of time before the rumours started to spread outside the halls. His friends would soon know, he could not show himself like this to them.

Glognar stayed in his room, he only left it to go to the temple where he felt more at peace. But he did not like the rumours he heard. He was not crazy, this is want happens when you suppress feelings for to long, they come back and with a greater force then can be imagined.

Glognar was not sure whether it had gone a week or a month or several months since he had been brought back by Rania. Honestly it did not matter. He felt little better now and knew what he had to do.

He needed to face his past. He had to travel to the Earthspure Mountains, a home he had so long avoided.
Glognar
8:11:20 pm GMT 03/01/06
Glognar walks around in his room, packing. All his belongs are now in the right place. There are just a few more things to do before he can start his journey home…

He sits down at the desk and dips the pen in the inkwell and started to whrite. One, two, three and four letters.

-----
One of the letters was addressed to the Prince and the Council
----

My Prince, Honourable Council

You are no doubt aware about my condition. I have seen Master Stronghearts worried gazes when I have been in the temple. I appreciate that he have let me be alone.

What it is that have caused my condition is my past, you My Prince know enough about it to know that the feelings I once showed but suppressed again have come back, in a greater force then I thought was possible.

The only way for me to deal with this is to travel home and face it, I can not hide anymore. I am sorry for leaving you in times like this, but I fare I would be of no use in my current state.

I thank you My Prince and the Council for letting me move into this fine city so many years ago. I was young, inexperienced and a complete stranger but you did welcome me to the halls and I am grateful. I have tried to help these halls of the best of my knowledge, I hope it have been to satisfaction.

Long Live Hammersong!

Glognar Heckel

----

The remaining letters were sent elsewhere
Glognar
4:09:53 pm GMT 03/17/06
He knew he had to go home, but still he felt like he abandoned them… his friends. He knew how dire the situations were… the attacking forces from the wastes…

Glognar shook his head as he sat in the kings beard pub and waited for three of his friends to come.

Kalin was the first one to arrive. First he didn’t saw Glognar, not to surprising as he was dressed in a dark robe and a hood that covered almost the whole face. Not a typical choice of clothes for Glognar, but this was a moment of sadness.

Kalin greeted his old friend with a smile and started to talk about this and that. Glognar sat mostly silent looking towards the door and this made Kalin more and more worried. After a while the two other came; Kimli and Willow.

Glognar started to tell a tale, at the beginning it sounded as an ordinary dwarven tale, but Kalin suspected something, and surly did Kimli, but Willow as taken at the end when he realized it was Glognars past that had been told. A sad storry indeed, and the cause of why he has been feeling the way he has the past… Weeks? Months?

The only way Glognar saw to solve the problem was to travel home to where it all had begun and seek guidance from his parents and the priests.

The trip from Hammersong to Webster's Landing was quiet. Kalin protected Glognar as best as he could from the kobolds. He got hit a few times but his training as a defender has made his skin tougher and he did not felt it much.

Just before he walks onto the ship that will take him to the mainland he asked a favor of Kalin; to give a sword to one of the Northlands guards. As kind as Kalin is to his friends he accepted.

After saying good bye and a few hugs, Glognar waked onto the ship and it sailed away, into the open see guided by the moonlight.
Glognar
5:36:15 pm GMT 03/17/06
The journey over the see went smooth said the sailors when they arrived at Baldur’s Gate.
Glognar thought otherwise, but of course dwarves are not made to travel on water…

As Glognar waked the streets of the city towards west he smiled slightly. He was going home. It had been so long ago since he saw the snow covered mountains, but the trip would not be a easy one. Luckily he found a caravan to travel with for a while. But he was far from half ways when they had to part ways and he was on his own.

Late one evening he sets his foot in a familiar place. He looks around the mining camp smiled slightly and resumed the walk towards the city. People looked to him. But did not recognized him… it would be weird if they did… it were so many years since he left this place. As he strolled around in the city he waked by the local inn.

“I can’t just go and knock on the door this late; I will have to take that tomorrow.” He thought and entered the inn and paid for a room for the night.

The following morning he woke up to the sound of a hammer meeting an anvil and chatter out on the streets. This was the first night in a long time he had had no dreams of the horrible execution of his brother. The punishment was fair according to the law, but for a little boy it was the worst nightmare and not at all easy to understand.

Glognar dressed quickly and went to get some breakfast before he headed out to the streets and to his parents house, if they still lived there. As he approached the location where the once so beautiful and well made house had been, he only saw a ruin and a sign.

The sign read: “Let this be a reminder to all of us about what might happen when someone breaks the law”

Glognar just stood there, staring at the sign with his mouth slight open.

He isn’t sure, but he might have stood there for a few minutes when he feels that someone touches him on the arm. “Are you a traveler? I do not think I have seen you in the city before” said a voice behind him. Glognar turned around to see who it was that was talking to him. She looked so familiar, who was she?

Glognar looked at her for some time, hesitating.

“Yes… I am a traveler. What happened here?”

“It is a sad tale about the family that lived here once. The older son did commit a crime and was punished according to our law. The father then became insane and…“ She stops for a moment but then resumes. “… started to beat both his wife and his little boy. He did sent the boy away to a training camp to learn the ways of defense and to find his way to Moradin.”

She smiles slightly “he realized what he did to him and wanted him to get a better life. In all his anger he saw at least something straight. But his wife did not had that luck. She was beaten to death.”

Both of them seams to be fighting against their feelings and not to let the tears come out.
Glognar looks down slightly and whispers a prayer. He then looks up to the girl again.
“you do not need to tell me of what happened later on, I think I know.”

She just node and forced forth a smile. “Now tell me what you are doing here in these halls. You do not look like a miner and no one I have seen before.”

“I came here to seek aid and find my…“ He looks to the ruins “long lost family”

The girl gasps looks almost terrified. “What is your name stranger?”

He stood tall “I am Glognar Heckel, defender of Moradin”

The girl burst into tears and threw herself around him. He was caught flat footed and almost fell backwards. Unsure of what just happened he tried to comfort the girl as best as he could.

She whispered something into his shoulder almost not hearable but thanks to his cloak that filtered away the noise around him he heard what she said and his eyes started to fill up. It could not be… how was that possible?

He took her in the arms and moved her in front of him and looked at her face. Then he took her closer and returned the hug warmly. No wonder she looked familiar… she was a young copy of his mother… their mother.
Glognar
4:47:52 pm GMT 03/19/06
When Gloisil, which turned out to be the girls name, had calmed down a bit they headed towards the inn. They had much to talk about. Glognar wanted to know everything that had happened after he got send away. Every now and then during their talk they fell silent to together remember sad memories about their family.

When they had talked for hours; about how Gloisil had been born and hidden from their father and how the once glorious history of the Heckel family had ended abrupt. Gloisil wanted to know where Glognar had been during all these years, what he had been doing, how he became a defender of Moradin, if he had a new family… the questions were infinite.

Glognar smiled before he started to tell the tale about how a storm made the ship go out of course on the way home when he were finished with his training and he ended up on an island called Thain. As he at that time was unsure of how the family was and how they would react when he stepped over the doorstep, he decided to stay in his newfound home Hammersong. The glorious halls he had helped to rebuild after an attack by both deurgars and an evil guild, Dawn of Shadows, with a red wizard, Gharos, as the leader. He spoke happily about his newfound blood brother, Bors, and about Kimli, who was almost like a sister to him. He also spoke briefly about Princ Rugar and the constant struggle with the duergars.

Glognar laughed when he told her about Willow and the other elves in a forest called feywood and about the humans he had met, about Kalin who was a dear friend, the empyreans and about the guild, Keepers of Thain, which he once as a member of.

Glognar fell silent saddened.

Gloisil looked at her brother. “Glognar… there ain’t anything that holds ye here, ye could never build a life here, nay with the name of our family.”
He looked at her and frowned “Of course there is somethin’ that holds me here! Ye me sister, I ain’t leavin’ ye here alone.”
She smiled “There ain’t anythin’ that holds me here either. Even as our brother had a trial and had the penalty for it, it has not been easy for me here. Please brother, take me to this island you spoke of, it seams to be dear to you.”

“It ain’t a safe place for ye to grew up in”

“I will live in the halls of Hammersong together with ye. I’ll be safe there”

Glognar sighed but smiled “I need at least a week to regain me strength and to get some supplies that we will need for our journey to Baldur’s Gate. And there we will have to find a ship that will take us to Thain.”

Gloisil jumped up and hugged her brother.
Glognar
8:53:06 pm GMT 03/22/06
As Glognar was lying in his bed in the inn one night he came to think of why he had left Thain and came back to where he had had his family. The feeling that had bothered him during many months was gone. He was not sad and depressed anymore, not in the way he had been anyway. He was happy, yet little sad his soul was filled with joy and love yet a bit of sadness. It was a shame that he never had the chance to meet his parents again, but would it had made things better? He wouldn’t have met Gloisil if they still were alive.... She was his responsibility now.

Glognar had reached the point in his life where he should had married a fine lass and got children on his own. But he was an adventurer; he never was the guardian of the fine temple halls as he father once was. Gloisil was to old to be Glognars daughter, but he had to make sure that she was well now, almost like a father yet not.

He chuckled slightly as he thought about those he left on Thain, those he said that he would never return. “Kalin did nay believe me, he was right as always” he said chuckling.

Glognar then turned in his bed and fell to sleep
Glognar
8:18:17 pm GMT 03/23/06
The day had come it was time to head back to his second home, or did it became his home now, real home? Either way he would take Gloisil to the island of Thain.

The sun was just rising; it was still quite cold outside. The snow covered mountain peaks of the Earthspur Mountains were a beautiful and very cold place, no wonder he had liked the northlands on Thain that much, it was almost like here, thought not near as cold. He smiled to Gloisil
“Are ye ready Gloisil? This will be a long and tough journey, but I can assure ye it will be well worth it.”

She just smiled and node. They could only travel on the day when the sun warmed them, it was to cold during the dark hours to be outside. Glognar had found a lot of caves on the journey he made just a week ago, and he remembered almost where everyone was.

When they reached the Thunder peaks they took a day to rest, the trip through the elven forest was not pleasant to begin with but it became better, the elvs were very suspicious about them. Two lone dwarfs in the middle of an elven forest, how likely but when Glognar told them why they were here and where they were going they got escorted to the western borders of the woods. If it were out of kindness or mistrust they never knew.

It felt like ages but finally they saw the city, Baldur’s Gate. The more closely they got the more anxious they were to find a ship they took them to Thain. Not many ship captains knew much about the island, except that it were far out on the see and not many passed by without having Thain as the destination. A ship would head that way later the same week. They had to wait, not much else to do.

1 2 

Moderator(s): TheSiteMaster, Kira, Wicked_Keen, Bonesly, jewwe, Warlord Kro, Corlupi, Cuchuwyn, Alanonas, Oberon, Forgiver

Go to:

Forum theme loosely based on Invision Power Board
  • Guests: 32
  • Members: 0
  • Newest Member: MarinkaKSquic
  • Most ever online: 230
    Guests: 230, Members: 0 on Wednesday 11 January 2023 - 05:41:16
Now Playing
1. Malachi Valthorne
2. Ralf
3. Elizah
Connect to us with 104.237.156.142 or thain.no-ip.org